Member Organizations are:
- Not-for-profit organizations or schools located on the African continent
- Set up to support high-achieving, low-income students from Africa to seek admission to international higher education
- Willing to commit to the principles of the HALI Access Network
- Willing to be members of the International Association for College Admission Counseling (IACAC)
- Fully operational and already working with students on the above areas
Friends of HALI are:
- Higher education institutions that offer significant financial support to high-achieving, low-income students from Africa to study at the institution OR companies or organizations that work in the higher education-access space
- Members of the International Association for College Admission Counseling (IACAC) where eligible
- Willing to support the HALI Access Network
Applying for Membership
Applications are considered in March of every year and should be submitted by February 28.
After an initial review and consideration by the membership committee, appropriate applications will be submitted to the Executive Committee for final consideration at their next month’s convening. The outcome of this process will be communicated to applicants by email.
Conditions of Membership
Both Member Organizations and Friends of HALI are expected to:
- Pay annual membership dues (currently $100 USD)
- Assign a representative who will be the face of the organization and active in HALI sub-committees, online and virtual events, etc.
- Send a representative to participate in the annual gathering (HALI Indaba)
- Join International Association for College Admission Counselors (IACAC) if not already a member
- Sign a Membership Agreement committing to adhere to International ACAC’s statement of good practice
- Continue to meet all membership eligibility criteria stated above, as determined by periodic review by the Membership Committee
Members are invited to join the annual HALI Indaba.
Organization Mentoring Scheme
The HALI Access Network runs a mentoring program for organizations that don’t currently meet all eligibility criteria for membership but have the potential to do so soon. If your organization fits this description, please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Organization Priorities
We particularly invite applications from North and West Africa, and particularly Francophone West African countries, where our network currently has under representation.